Walking Holiday in
The Cotswolds to London
The Thames Path
Walking Holiday in England
from ThamesHead in The Cotswolds to London
via Cricklade, Oxford, Goring, Henley on Thames, Marlow, Windsor, Richmond, Kew Gardens, Westminster, and the heart of London
Enjoy a self-guided walking holiday on the 180 mile Thames Path one of
UK’s National Walking Trails. from Thameshead in The Cotswolds to London. You pass through some of Southern England’s greatest attractions: The Cotswolds, Oxford, Windsor, Kew Gardens, Westminster, and the heart of London.
The route passes through the cities of London and Oxford which are great places to visit, with good shopping, restaurants and pubs.
This walking holiday is great hiking for visitors to the UK as it offers a taste of England’s history mixed with the modern UK of today. This is a gentle walk, full of contrasts, with bustling cities and quiet river banks.
On this English self guided walking holiday you hike past some of the highlights of London’s great attractions, The Thames Barrier, the Houses of Parliament, the Tower of London, St Paul’s Cathedral, London Eye, London Wetland Centre, Kew Gardens, and Hampton Court to name but a few.
London’s great river is full of surprises as its path flows gently from its source and the stunning Cotswolds. On the Thames Path tour you walk through some of Southern England’s most historic landscapes, full of wildlife and heritage. The highlights of Windsor and Oxford are en-route so why not take rest days to explore the many galleries and museums, and take advantage of the fine selection of shops, restaurants and pubs.
The walking holiday can be walked in either direction,
upstream or downstream, and follows the whole meandering course of the River Thames between its source in the Cotswolds at Thames Head to the Thames Barrier at Greenwich. The hiking route is a great first walking holiday experience as it is easy walking and offers a wealth of interesting places to visit en-route.
The Thames Path connects with:
Our self-guided walking holidays are designed with your comfort and enjoyment in mind and can be tailor-made to your own personal requirements.
The routes are clearly way-marked to provide reassurance on your hiking vacation.
We use high quality guest houses, inns or small hotels with en-suite or private bathroom to ensure you are well rested each night after a busy day hiking and sightseeing. Rest assured that all our accommodation walking holiday providers are hand-picked and offer you that famous British hospitality.
Special diets can be catered for, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free.
We organize the luggage transfer so your bags are at your next accommodation when you arrive.
Let’s Go Walking has developed one of the largest selection of walking holidays and our offices are staffed 9am to 9pm to ensure your walking holiday runs without a hitch.
This walking holiday in the UK operates March to October and in either direction.
The daily distances are only a suggestion. If you would like to walk longer or shorter distances, we can arrange that too.
Our stated distances include mileage to the accommodation or pickup point and so may not agree with the guide book mileages.
Rest days can be taken in any location.
Why not combine this walk with a hiking tour in another part of the UK or Ireland. Our staff will be happy to advise on necessary transfers.
Online booking available.
A deposit of £85 per person is required to secure the booking, with the balance due 6 weeks before departure.
Optional extra days and accommodation upgrades can be added during the booking process online.
Thames Path DOWNSTREAM
- 15 day holiday, Source to London, 180 miles
- 9 day holiday, Source to Reading, 95 miles
- 8 day holiday, Reading to London, 86 miles
- 6 day holiday, Source to Oxford, 53 miles
- 7 day holiday, Oxford to Windsor, 74 miles
- 6 day holiday, Windsor to London, 53 miles
- 11 day relaxed pace holiday, Oxford to Windsor, 74 miles
Thames Path UPSTREAM
- 15 day holiday, London to Source, 180 miles
- 8 day holiday, London to Reading, 95 miles
- 9 day holiday, Reading to Source, 86 miles
- 6 day holiday, London to Windsor, 53 miles
- 7 day holiday, Windsor to Oxford, 74 miles
- 6 day holiday, Oxford to Source, 53 miles
- 11 day relaxed pace holiday, Windsor to Oxford, 74 miles
in your UK walking holiday
in England on
The Thames Path
- accommodation at high quality guest houses, inns or small hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
- room with en-suite or private bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities
- daily luggage transfer
- support should there be any problems on route
- detailed itineraries
- OS 1:25,000 map
- guide book to Cotswold Way Guide Book
for your UK Walking Holiday
in England on
The Thames Path
- upgrade to the region’s most elegant, prestigious and famous hotels, where available
- transfers back to car or station
- parking facilities
- rest days
- inn to inn walks
Lunches and Dinners
These are not included.
These are available at overnight locations, either at your accommodation or in the town/village.
These can be provided by your accommodation or can be obtained from a local store, or cafe or inn along the route.
Holiday Travel Insurance
We require that you take out holiday insurance as Let’s Go Biking Ltd accepts no liability for the following:
cancellation, personal accident, illness, loss/theft of personal possessions and/or money, and any unforeseen circumstances, especially travel delays.
This is in addition to our existing
How to get there:
- By Plane to Bristol, Birmingham or London where we can arrange transfer to London or Kemble etc
- By Car to London or Kemble etc where parking is available
- By Train/Bus to London or Kemble etc
Telephone Lines are open 7 days a week.
UK +44 (0)1837 880075
or +44 (0)207 193 1252
9am to 9pm
US +1 (646) 233-1541
New York 5 hours behind UK time: 4am to 4pm EST
AUS +61 (02) 8006 0182
Sydney 10 hours ahead of UK time: 7pm to 7am EADT
CAN +1 (647) 4786251
Toronto 5 hours behind UK time: 4am to 4pm EST
- Avon Valley Path in Wiltshire and Hampshire
- Dart Valley Trail in Devon
- Exe Valley Way in Devon
- Severn Way in Wales and England
- Shakespeares Way from Stratford upon Avon to London
- Speyside Way in Scotland
- Stour Valley Way in Dorset
- Test Way in Hampshire
- Thames Path from the Cotswolds to London
- Wye Valley Walk in Wales
- Cleveland Way
- Cotswold Way
- Cumbria Coastal Way part of the England Coast Path
- England Coast Path
- Glyndwrs Way in Wales
- Hadrians Wall Path
- Norfolk Coast Path part of the England Coast Path
- North Downs Way
- Offas Dyke Path in Wales
- Peddars Way
- Pembroke Coast Path part of the Wales Coast Path
- The Ridgeway
- South Downs Way
- South West Coast Path part of the England Coast Path
- Thames Path
- Yorkshire Wolds Way
Our relaxed pace walking holidays in the UK include Guernsey in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man Coastal Footpath, Kennet and Avon Canal Towpath, Leeds and Liverpool Canal Towpath, Thames Path and Oxford Canal Towpath.