Lecale Way Walking Holiday in Northern Ireland
Lecale Way Walking Holiday
on Northern Ireland’s Ulster Way
From Raholp to Newcastle, via Strangford Lough
Our self-guided Lecale Way walking holiday is a 41 mile hike on a section of the Ulster Way around the South Eastern Coast of Northern Ireland.
This walking holiday is around the South East of Northern Ireland’s Coast. You will experience river valleys, stunning Strangford Lough and fine coastal walking. This area is rich in history, dating back to Neolithic times and full of myth and legends. The walk starts near the mouth of the River Slaney where Saint Patrick landed in Ireland around 432AD.
This Lecale Way walking holiday connects at Newcastle with our walking holiday on the
for a longer walking holiday.
Our self-guided walking holidays are designed with your comfort and enjoyment in mind and can be tailor-made to your own personal requirements.
The routes are clearly way-marked to provide reassurance on your hiking vacation.
We use high quality guest houses, inns or small hotels with en-suite or private bathroom to ensure you are well rested each night after a busy day hiking and sightseeing. Rest assured that all our accommodation walking holiday providers are hand-picked and offer you that famous Irish hospitality.
Special diets can be catered for, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free.
We organize the luggage transfer so your bags are at your next accommodation when you arrive.
Let’s Go Walking has developed one of the largest choices of walking holidays and our offices are staffed 9am to 9pm to ensure your walking holiday runs without a hitch.
This walking holiday in the UK operates March to September and in either direction.
The daily distances are only a suggestion. If you would like to walk longer or shorter distances, we can arrange that too.
Our stated distances include mileage to the accommodation or pickup point and so may not agree with the guide book mileages.
Rest days can be taken in any location.
Why not combine this walk with a hiking tour in another part of the UK or Ireland. Our staff will be happy to advise on necessary transfers.
Online booking available.
A deposit of £85 per person is required to secure the booking, with the balance due 6 weeks before departure.
Optional extra days and accommodation upgrades can be added during the booking process online.
Please wait for the confirmation of your holiday before making final travel plans just in case your holiday is not available for your requested date.
Lecale Way Walking Holiday
In Ulster, Northern Ireland
from Raholp to Newcastle
via Strangford Lough
6 day itinerary
4 days walking and 5 nights
Day 1: Arrive at Strangford
Day 2: Transfer to Raholp, then walk Raholp to Strangford 9 miles
Day 3: Strangford to Ardglass 10 miles
Day 4: Ardglass to Tyrella 10 miles
Day 5: Tyrella to Newcastle 12 miles
Day 6: Depart after breakfast
6 day itinerary 5 nights
|Double or Twin |
travelling with others
All prices subject to change
Lecale Way Walking Holiday
Suggested Tour Duration:
5 nights, 4 days walking
41 miles/66 kms
Min/max daily distance:
Average Daily distance:
This route connects with:
in your Lecale Way Walking Holiday in Northern Ireland
- accommodation at high quality guest houses, inns or small hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
- room with en-suite or private bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities
- daily luggage transfer
- support should there be any problems on route
- detailed itineraries
for your Lecale Way Walking Holiday in Northern Ireland
- upgrade to the region’s most elegant, prestigious and famous hotels, where available
- transfers back to car or station
- parking facilities
- rest days
- inn to inn walks
What’s not included
in your your Lecale Way Walking Holiday in Northern Ireland
- lunches and dinners
- travel insurance
Lunches and Dinners
These are not included.
These are available at overnight locations, either at your accommodation or in the town/village.
These can be provided by your accommodation or can be obtained from a local store, or cafe or inn along the route.
Holiday Travel Insurance
We require that you take out holiday insurance as Let’s Go Biking Ltd accepts no liability for the following:
cancellation, personal accident, illness, loss/theft of personal possessions and/or money, and any unforeseen circumstances, especially travel delays.
This is in addition to our existing
Lecale Way Walking Holiday: How to get there
- By Plane to Belfast or Londonderry where we can arrange transfer to Strangford
- By Car to Strangford or Newcastle where parking is available
- By Bus to Strangford or Newcastle
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Our telephone Lines are open 7 days a week.
UK +44 (0)1837 880075
or +44 (0)207 193 1252
9am to 9pm
US +1 (646) 233-1541
New York 5 hours behind UK time: 4am to 4pm EST
AUS +61 (02) 8006 0182
Sydney 10 hours ahead of UK time: 7pm to 7am EADT
CAN +1 (647) 4786251
Toronto 5 hours behind UK time: 4am to 4pm EST
- Arran Coastal Way in Scotland
- Causeway Coast Way in Northern Ireland
- Causeway Coast Way and Glens of Antrim in Northern Ireland
- Channel Islands
- Cleveland Way part of the England Coast Path
- Cumbria Coastal Way part of the England Coast Path
- Dingle Way in Ireland
- England Coast Path
- Fife Coastal Path in Scotland
- Great Gardens of Cornwall
- Great Gardens of Devon
- Guernsey, Herm and Sark in the Channel Islands
- Hebridean Way in Scotland
- Island Hopping in Scotland
- Isle of Anglesey Coastal Path part of the Wales Coast Path
- Isle of Man
- Isles of Scilly off the coast of Cornwall
- Jersey Coastal Footpath in the Channel Islands
- Kerry Way in Ireland
- Lecale Way in Northern Ireland
- Lleyn Peninsula, part of the Wales Coast Path
- Norfolk Coast Path part of the England Coast Path
- Northumberland Coast Path part of the England Coast Path
- Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast Path part of the England Coast Path
- Pembroke Coast Path part of the Wales Coast Path
- Rye to Ramsgate on England Coast Path
- Solent Way part of the England Coast Path
- Somerset Coast Path part of the England Coast Path
- South West Coast Path part of the England Coast Path
- Tarka Trail in Devon
- Wales Coast Path