Our Responsible Travel Policy at Let's Go Walking
Part of our Responsible Travel Policy is to aim to provide a quality and positive experience for you, our customer. This is achieved by respecting local environments, traditions, way of life and cultures of the local population, while contributing and enhancing the local economy. The main aim of the company is that you return from your holiday relaxed and enriched by your experience.
- Our main goal in our Responsible Travel Policy is to support local small businesses by sourcing as much as possible locally.
- Our staff all enjoy nature and the great outdoors, and try to inject some of their enthusiasm to others.
- We endeavour to place you, our guests, at the heart of the local community by dealing with small and medium sized family-run accommodation providers who in turn help support their local communities.
- We endeavour to favour accommodation providers that are registered with the Green Tourism Business Scheme and/or used locally sourced products.
- Whilst on holiday your fitness level increases. This will hopefully make less demand in the long run on the social and economic environment.
- The company recycles envelopes, paper, and ink cartridges.
- We also refill ink cartridges and use low energy light bulbs.
- Paper which cannot be recycled is shredded and composted.
- All our company vehicles are capable of running on locally made bio-diesel.
- The vast majority of our communication is undertaken by email with only legally-binding documents being printed.
- We do not produce a paper-based brochure.
- We encourage you, our guests, to travel by public transport and to reuse plastic water bottles.
- Whilst on our walking holidays you are reducing your carbon footprint by not using your car.
- We encourage you to visit local pubs, restaurants and shops, and to sample locally grown/caught produce.
- Many of our holidays include visits to iconic local “green” and locally funded attractions, e.g. Eden Project, Geever Tin Mine, Gweek Seal Sanctuary, National Trust properties.
Travellers Code of Conduct
- We encourage you to follow the well-known saying “take only photographs, leave only footprints”.
- Relax and enjoy yourself whilst on our holiday, but we encourage you to respect the property and privacy of others.