Wales Coast Path Path Walking Holidays
Coastal Walking Holiday in Wales
from Chester to Chepstow
via Prestatyn, Conwy, Bangor, The Isle of Anglesey, Caernarfon, Porthmadog, Portmeirion, Harlech, Barmouth, Machynlleth, Aberystwyth, Cardigan, Pembrokeshire Coast Path, St Davids, Tenby, Carmarthen, Worms Head, The Mumbles, Swansea, Barry Island and Cardiff.
Enjoy a self-guided Wales Coast Path walking holiday on the UK’s 900 mile long Wales Coast Path, the newest of Britain’s National Walking Trails.
The walking route starts in Chester in Cheshire (in England!) and proceeds along the Dee Estuary and the North Wales Coast, circumnavigating the Isle of Anglesey, then around the Lleyn Peninsula before heading due south around Cardigan Bay. After going around the Pembroke Peninsula the Wales Coast Path heads east along the south coast of Way to finish in Chepstow on the Severn Estuary.
We don’t expect you to do the whole walking trail in one holiday! Take your time and enjoy the scenery and wildlife and we organize the luggage transfer so your bags are at your next accommodation when you arrive.
We offer suggested itineraries in 9 sections for the Wales Coast Path walking holiday:
- North Wales Coast and Dee Estuary, 9 day walking holiday, 77 miles
- Isle of Anglesey, 9 days walking holiday, 132 miles
- Lleyn Peninsula, 12 day walking holiday, 115 miles
- Meirionydd, 8 day walking holiday, 60 miles
- Ceredigion, 8 day walking holiday, 71 miles
- Pembrokeshire Coast Path split into 3 or 4 sections, 200 miles
- Carmarthenshire, 7 day walking holiday, 61 miles
- Gower and Swansea Bay, 8 day walking holiday, 73 miles
- South Wales and Severn Estuary, 10 day walking holiday, 102 miles
Please see details below
Our self-guided walking holidays are designed with your comfort and enjoyment in mind and can be tailor-made to your own personal requirements.
The routes are clearly way-marked to provide reassurance on your hiking vacation.
We use high quality guest houses, inns or small hotels with en-suite or private bathroom to ensure you are well rested each night after a busy day hiking and sightseeing. Rest assured that all our accommodation walking holiday providers are hand-picked and offer you that famous British hospitality.
Special diets can be catered for, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free.
We organize the luggage transfer so your bags are at your next accommodation when you arrive.
Let’s Go Walking has developed one of the largest selection of walking holidays and our offices are staffed 9am to 9pm to ensure your walking holiday runs without a hitch.
The Wales Coast Path walking holiday connects with:
This walking holiday in the UK operates March to October and in either direction.
The daily distances are only a suggestion. If you would like to walk longer or shorter distances, we can arrange that too.
Our stated distances include mileage to the accommodation or pickup point and so may not agree with the guide book mileages.
Rest days can be taken in any location.
Why not combine this walk with a hiking tour in another part of the UK or Ireland. Our staff will be happy to advise on necessary transfers.
Online booking available.
A deposit of £85 per person is required to secure the booking, with the balance due 6 weeks before departure.
Optional extra days and accommodation upgrades can be added during the booking process online.
We offer our Wales Coast Path walking holidays in 9 sections:
in your Wales Coast Path Walking Holiday
- accommodation at high quality guest houses, inns or small hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
- room with en-suite or private bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities
- daily luggage transfer
- support should there be any problems on route
- detailed itineraries
- OS 1:25,000 map
- guide book to Wales Coast Path
for your Wales Coast Path Walking Holiday
- upgrade to the region’s most elegant, prestigious and famous hotels, where available
- transfers back to car or station
- parking facilities
- rest days
- inn to inn walks
What’s not included
in your Wales Coast Path Walking Holiday
- lunches and dinners
- travel insurance
- day trip tickets to islands
- heritage train tickets
Lunches and Dinners
These are not included.
These are available at overnight locations, either at your accommodation or in the town/village.
These can be provided by your accommodation or can be obtained from a local store, or cafe or inn along the route.
Holiday Travel Insurance
We require that you take out holiday insurance as Let’s Go Biking Ltd accepts no liability for the following:
cancellation, personal accident, illness, loss/theft of personal possessions and/or money, and any unforeseen circumstances, especially travel delays.
This is in addition to our existing
Wales Coast Path Walking Holiday and Pembrokeshire Coast Path Walking Holiday: How to get there:
- By Plane to Bristol, Cardiff or Manchester, where we can arrange transfer to starting point of your welsh coastal walking holiday
- By Car to starting point of your welsh coastal walking holiday where parking is available
- By Train or Bus to starting point of your welsh coastal walking holiday
- Arran Coastal Way in Scotland
- Causeway Coast Way in Northern Ireland
- Causeway Coast Way and Glens of Antrim in Northern Ireland
- Channel Islands
- Cleveland Way part of the England Coast Path
- Cumbria Coastal Way part of the England Coast Path
- Dingle Way in Ireland
- England Coast Path
- Fife Coastal Path in Scotland
- Great Gardens of Cornwall
- Great Gardens of Devon
- Guernsey, Herm and Sark in the Channel Islands
- Hebridean Way in Scotland
- Island Hopping in Scotland
- Isle of Anglesey Coastal Path part of the Wales Coast Path
- Isle of Man
- Isles of Scilly off the coast of Cornwall
- Jersey Coastal Footpath in the Channel Islands
- Kerry Way in Ireland
- Lecale Way in Northern Ireland
- Lleyn Peninsula, part of the Wales Coast Path
- Norfolk Coast Path part of the England Coast Path
- Northumberland Coast Path part of the England Coast Path
- Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast Path part of the England Coast Path
- Pembroke Coast Path part of the Wales Coast Path
- Rye to Ramsgate on England Coast Path
- Solent Way part of the England Coast Path
- Somerset Coast Path part of the England Coast Path
- South West Coast Path part of the England Coast Path
- Tarka Trail in Devon
- Wales Coast Path
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Our telephone Lines are open 7 days a week.
UK +44 (0)1837 880075
or +44 (0)207 193 1252
9am to 9pm
US +1 (646) 233-1541
New York 5 hours behind UK time: 4am to 4pm EST
AUS +61 (02) 8006 0182
Sydney 10 hours ahead of UK time: 7pm to 7am EADT
CAN +1 (647) 4786251
Toronto 5 hours behind UK time: 4am to 4pm EST