Wye Valley Walk Walking Holiday
a river walking holiday in Wales
from Chepstow to Hafren Forest (South to North)
or from Hafren Forest to Chepstow (North to South)
via Tintern Abbey, Hay-on-Wye, Monmouth, Hereford, Buith Wells, Rhayader, Llangurig and Hafren Forest.
Hike the Wye Valley Walk along the River Wye between its estuary at Chepstow to its source near Plynlimon and Hafren Forest in Wales in the Cambrian Mountains.
The walking route goes via Tintern, Monmouth, Hay-on-Wye, Builth Wells and Rhayadar.
The Wye Valley Walk walking holiday is a 136 mile way-marked long-distance walking trail which can can be walked in either direction, upstream or downstream.
Please note our guide book describes the upstream route.
The Wye Valley Walk walking holiday connects with:
Our self-guided walking holidays are designed with your comfort and enjoyment in mind and can be tailor-made to your own personal requirements.
The routes are clearly way-marked to provide reassurance on your hiking vacation.
We use high quality guest houses, inns or small hotels with en-suite or private bathroom to ensure you are well rested each night after a busy day hiking and sightseeing. Rest assured that all our accommodation walking holiday providers are hand-picked and offer you that famous British hospitality.
Special diets can be catered for, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free.
We organize the luggage transfer so your bags are at your next accommodation when you arrive.
Let’s Go Walking has developed one of the largest selection of walking holidays and our offices are staffed 9am to 9pm to ensure your walking holiday runs without a hitch.
We offer 3 suggested routes for the Wye Valley Walk walking holiday, and in both directions, upstream and downstream:
This walking holiday in the UK operates March to October and in either direction.
The daily distances are only a suggestion. If you would like to walk longer or shorter distances, we can arrange that too.
Our stated distances include mileage to the accommodation or pickup point and so may not agree with the guide book mileages.
Rest days can be taken in any location.
Why not combine this walk with a hiking tour in another part of the UK or Ireland. Our staff will be happy to advise on necessary transfers.
Online booking available.
A deposit of £85 per person is required to secure the booking, with the balance due 6 weeks before departure.
Optional extra days and accommodation upgrades can be added during the booking process online.
in your Wye Valley Walk Walking Holiday in Wales
- accommodation at high quality guest houses, inns or small hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
- room with en-suite or private bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities
- daily luggage transfer
- support should there be any problems on route
- detailed itineraries
- Guide Book (please note the guide is described in the South to North upstream direction only)
- OS 1:25,000 map
for your Wye Valley Walk Walking Holiday in Wales
- upgrade to the region’s most elegant, prestigious and famous hotels, where available
- transfers back to car or station
- parking facilities
- rest days
- inn to inn walks
What’s not included
in your Wye Valley Walk Walking Holiday in Wales
- lunches and dinners
- travel insurance
Lunches and Dinners
These are not included.
These are available at overnight locations, either at your accommodation or in the town/village.
These can be provided by your accommodation or can be obtained from a local store, or cafe or inn along the route.
Holiday Travel Insurance
We require that you take out holiday insurance as Let’s Go Biking Ltd accepts no liability for the following:
cancellation, personal accident, illness, loss/theft of personal possessions and/or money, and any unforeseen circumstances, especially travel delays.
This is in addition to our existing
Wye Valley Walk Walking Holiday: How to get there:
- By Plane to Bristol, Cardiff or Manchester, where we can arrange transfer to Chepstow or starting point of your welsh river walking holiday
- By Car to Chepstow or starting point of your welsh river walking holiday where parking is available
- By Train or Bus to Chepstow or starting point of your welsh river walking holiday
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Our telephone Lines are open 7 days a week.
UK +44 (0)1837 880075
or +44 (0)207 193 1252
9am to 9pm
US +1 (646) 233-1541
New York 5 hours behind UK time: 4am to 4pm EST
AUS +61 (02) 8006 0182
Sydney 10 hours ahead of UK time: 7pm to 7am EADT
CAN +1 (647) 4786251
Toronto 5 hours behind UK time: 4am to 4pm EST
- Avon Valley Path in Wiltshire and Hampshire
- Dart Valley Trail in Devon
- Exe Valley Way in Devon
- Severn Way in Wales and England
- Shakespeares Way from Stratford upon Avon to London
- Speyside Way in Scotland
- Stour Valley Way in Dorset
- Test Way in Hampshire
- Thames Path from the Cotswolds to London
- Wye Valley Walk in Wales